I want to start out by saying that this is a totally unsolicited review. We happened to start using CTC Curriculum for math a couple weeks ago and I wanted to share my experience this far.
I homeschool 2 of my 3 kids; My 11 year old son Mason, 5th Grade, and my 8 Year old daughter Audrey, 2nd grade. We have been struggling to find our place in the Math world. We tried Saxon Math, we tried our own piecemeal curriculum, we tried Saxon Math again, we have looked at a few online class options. We just couldn’t get into our groove.
One night last month I sat at the computer bound and determined to find a math program that I could use efficiently, but that was also affordable. As I am sure you know, or you are soon to find out. Math curriculum can break the bank, and this bank is already cracked. LOL I was reading about CTC Math. It was highly recommended and they offered a FREE trial for me to login and look at their program. So I decided to check it out. (You can get your own free trial here)
Things I loved right off the bat.
- There are many subscription options. We chose the family subscription with up to 10 students. You have access to all of the classes. Not just a specific grade.
- I can set up “Tasks” for the week in the dashboard with due dates and the kids can see their assignments and work at their own pace.
- CTC Math can be accessed from tablet or laptop, so we can take it with us on the go.
- I see my kids grades, which problems they had trouble with, and how much time it took them in my dashboard.
- My kids are understanding the lessons!!! This is huge!
- Since there is so much accessibility and it is easy to use my kids login everyday without a fight. Which means more math consistency. Consistency alone is leading to a great understanding and comprehension level than I have seen with other programs.
- There are games below when you access from a laptop. Right now my kids are in love with the speed skills game, and so am I! This helps them get better with their basic Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division facts.
I will update this post in a couple months to let you know how we are continuing to like or not like CTC Math, but I can really see this carrying us through our homeschool years!
If you are interested in signing up you can do so here and get a CTC Math Homeschoolers Discount (not an affiliate link)